Alpha hydroxy acids or AHAs help to improve the appearance of skin in two ways; moisturizing and exfoliating. AHAs function differently based upon the pH level of the formulation. When used as a moisturizer, the pH level is higher than 4.0. At this level, AHAs help to increase the water content of skin making it softer, smoother and more flexible.
Alternatively as an exfoliant, the most effective pH level is 4.0. This is the level where AHAs begin to dissolve the glue-like bonds that hold dead cells to the surface. This stimulates cellular renewal and regeneration and allows newer, fresher cells to emerge. Products with a pH level of 3.5 or below can be too irritating and may leave skin feeling dry and tight.
We live and breathe AHAs everyday, but most people do not realize the importance of the pH level in skin care formulas. AHAs are extremely effective ingredients, and we feel it is important to know how they function in a product. Products like Alpha Skin Care put the percentage of AHA and the pH level on the box, we’re proud of our product formulation and stand by our years in supporting your skin care regiment. Be a savvy consumer. Next time you are shopping for skin care products, be sure to look at the pH level. It will help you to know what products are best for you.
For more information on Alpha Skin Care visit our website.
It can be a bit overwhelming with all the skin care rituals out there, some of which are not even needed. To make life easier, here are 10 daily skin care essentials to know about!
There is more to having beautiful healthy, glowing than just the skin care products you are using. A healthy lifestyle is essential. If you smoke, drink, get too much sun or eat a lot of processed food, creams and serums will not be enough to prevent the negative effects of an unhealthy lifestyle. You exercise to take care of your heart and never smoked to protect your lungs. Doesn’t your skin deserve the same care and concern? After all, it is the largest organ of the body.
Here are the Top 10 Daily Skin Care Essentials for healthy, younger-looking skin.
- Cleanse Gently.
- Use a gentle cleanser twice a day to get rid of dirt, makeup and environmental impurities. Alpha Skin Care Refreshing Face Wash is free of soap, fragrances, parabens and its pH balanced. If skin is pH balanced it will not feel tight or dry after cleansing. Clean, pH balanced skin helps other skin care products work their best. They are easier to apply and are more fully absorbed.
- Exfoliate with AHAs.
- Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs) gently exfoliate dead skin cells and allow healthier cells to come to the surface. AHAs are derived from natural fruit acids. They are gentle and can be used twice a day. Removing dead skin cells send a message to the skin that it needs to produce new cells. Alpha Skin Care Essential Renewal products feature Glycolic AHA and are formulated for every skin type.
- Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize!
- As skin ages, it holds less moisture. Applying a topical moisturizer will help to replenish skin and promote cellular repair. Dry skin makes lines and wrinkles look deeper. Healthy, well-hydrated skin is softer and lessens the appearance of lines and wrinkles. Alpha Skin Care Essential Daily Moisturizer with hyaluronic acid locks in moisture and is formulated for all skin types.
- Wear Sunscreen every day!
- A broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen should be worn daily to protect your skin from sun exposure. Unprotected sun exposure can lead to wrinkles, dryness, discoloration, uneven skin tone, premature aging, and skin cancer. All of which are preventable, so Don’t Forget the Sunscreen.
- End Bad Habits!
- If you smoke, stop and if you drink, drink less. Smoking accelerates the aging process. Smoking increases the appearance of wrinkles around the mouth and eyes. It also reduces levels of oxygen which is necessary for cellular renewal. Alcohol can cause dehydration making skin look dull and dry. It also causes inflammation which leads to redness and broken capillaries. Cheers to a New You.
- Eat healthy food.
- Good nutrition is essential for healthy, glowing skin. Foods rich in antioxidants like vitamin C, A, E and zinc help to protect the body from sun damage and help to build collagen. A balanced diet that includes Omega-3, beta-carotene and selenium support skin repair, improve elasticity and firmness. A body that is well nourished is strong and vibrant and that goes for skin as well. Top Healthy Food for Your Skin.
- Drink Water.
- 64% of your skin is made up of water. Drinking enough water helps to hydrate skin from the inside. It helps to prevent dryness and flush away toxins. Well-hydrated skin reduces the appearance of lines and wrinkles, helps skin look full and plump and has fewer breakouts. Moisturize from the Inside Out.
- Exercise promotes circulation which keeps skin healthy and vibrant. By increasing blood flow, exercise nourishes skin cells and keep them vital. Sweating helps cleanse your skin from the inside, getting rid of cellular debris and toxins. Exercise also eases stress which can help to improve skin conditions like acne and eczema. So take a brisk walk and your skin will thank you! Add outside article
- Reduce Stress.
- Taking time to rest and relax is essential for healthy skin. Acne and other skin problems can become worse with high levels of stress. Stress also decreases skins ability to renew and regenerate. Make time for a little ‘me time’ each day. You’ll feel better and your skin will look better, too. Add breathing podcast
- Get someZzz!
- Getting enough sleep is very important for healthy skin. Your skin is actively involved in cellular repair while you sleep. Your skin makes new collagen which prevents sagging and increases blood flow which gives your skin a healthy glow. Plenty of rest also minimizes dark circles and puffy eyes. The key is to get enough sleep is 7 to 9 quality hours each night. Add Link to Sleep Study
There it is – 10 daily skin care essentials. If you commit to a simple skin care routine and a healthy lifestyle, you will have healthy, younger-looking skin. Chances are, you are doing some of these already. Keep it up! Building a healthier lifestyle takes time but the rewards will be worth it.
For more information about Alpha Skin Care products visit our website.
For more information on Alpha Skin Care visit our website.